Nutritional supplement with 20 bacteria cultures
With B vitamins to support the immune system (vitamin B12 and folic acid)* and biotin to maintain a normal intestinal mucosa**
The benefits of Pascoflorin immun at a glance:
- with vitamin B12 and folic acid to support the immune system
- with biotin to maintain a normal intestinal mucosa**
- extensive bacterial spectrum: with 20 specifically selected replication-competent bacteria cultures
- the gastro-resistant capsule enables the bacteria to get to the bowels
- contains inulin derived from blue agave plants
- 100% vegan
- lactose- and gluten-free
- made in Germany
* Vitamin B12 and folate support normal immune functions.
** Biotin helps maintaining normal mucous membranes.
A sound core – intestinal health is more than just eupepsia
A healthy intestinal mucosa is not only needed for proper food utilisation but also essential for our well-being. Therefore, the question of intestinal health is a daily concern for many people. Good to know we can all contribute to it: with a well-balanced diet rich in dietary fibres, fruits and vegetables, plenty to drink (at least 2 litres a day), and enough physical activities, we can all do our body well.
The intestinal immune system
Apart from their functions in digestion, the intestines and the intestinal mucosa are important components of the immune system. This essential function is obvious and vital since our bowels – with a surface of about 400 m2 – form the biggest contact area to the outside world. The function is ensured by the so-called intestinal barrier. It comprises the intestinal immune system (that provides about 80% of the body’s immune cells) and a protective layer, which is made of closely interconnected cells of the intestinal mucosa and a covering layer of mucus that is home of the intestinal flora also known as microbiome. The barrier decides between potentially harmless and dangerous matter and thus protects the body from unwanted intruders and harmful substances.
The intestinal barrier – strong and sensitive at once
What are the factors that might affect the intestinal mucosa’s healthiness and the immune system it houses?
- chronic mental stress and physical strain that weaken the immune system and might lead e.g. to chronic inflammations of the intestinal mucosa
- unhealthy dietary habits – too much, too fat, too rich in proteins, too late, too short intervals in between the meals
- drugs, especially antbiotics, that do not only have an impact on pathogens but also on useful bacteria and thus harm the intestinal mucosa’s protective layer
What might be the consequences of the intestinal barrier’s functional disorders?
- gastro-intestinal conditions like flatulence, diarrhea, or constipation
- a damaged intestinal mucosa
- food intolerances
- allergies like hayfever
- recurrent infections (like colds, a weak immune system)
With vitamin B12 and folic acid
Vitamins are vital micronutrients that the human body is not able to produce by itself. Water-soluble vitamins like B vitamins can’t be stocked by the body. That means they have to be regularly consumed with our food. The advantage is that they can’t be overdosed.
Our vitamin B supply thus depends on a healthy, well-balanced diet. For instance, all green vegetables and salads are rich in folic acid. In particular spinach, broccoli, endives, and legumes are rich in folate. Vitamin B12 is nearly exclusively contained by animal-based food like eggs, fish, meat, or dairy products.
B vitamins re required to maintain many functions and metabolic processes. They play an important role in the production of hormones, have an impact on the blood flow, play a role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fat, and support the formation of blood and healthy neural functions.
Vitamin B12 is also known as cobalamin and is important for cell regeneration, healthy nerves, and the immune system’s proper function. Moreover, it takes vitamin B12 to even activate folic acid*.
Folic acid is also known as vitamin B9. The cell vitamin is e.g. important for all growth processes that involve cell division and for the immune system**.
* Vitamin B12 plays a role in cell division processes. Vitamin B12 supports the normal functioning of the neural system.
** Folic acid supports normal immune functions. Folic acid plays a role in cell division processes.
Biotin is also known as vitamin H or vitamin B7. Like vitamin C and the other B vitamins, biotin is water-soluble and thus not stocked by the body, which means is has to be consumed on daily base. Among other things, biotin serves to maintain the intestinal mucosa in a normal state. It is important normal metabolic processes and the neural system*. Biotin is contained by foodstuffs like dry yeast, liver of beef, egg yolk, or oatmeal.
* Biotin helps maintaining
normal mucous membranes
a normal homocysteine metabolism
a normal energy metabolism
normal functions of the neural system
a normal macronutrient metabolism
normal mental functions
Nutritional supplement that contains 20 lactic acid bacteria cultures:
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Bifidobacterium breve
- Bifidobacterium infantis
- Bifidobacterium lactis
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus brevis
- Lactobacillus casei
- Lactobacillus crispatus
- Lactobacillus fermentum
- Lactobacillus gasseri
- Lactobacillus helveticus
- Lactobacillus paracasei
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus reuteri
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Lactobacillus salivarius
- Lactobacillus lactis susp. lactis
- Streptococcus thermophilus
- Enterococcus faecium
Each capsule contains 1 billion (1 x 109) cfu*.
* Colony-forming units (live, replication-competent germs)
The 60 gastro-resistant capsules contain inulin and are coated with hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
Container of 60 capsules
Recommended intake: One capsule per day.
If you are taking antibiotics at the same time, please allow 2 hours to pass before you consume this nutritional supplement. Do not exceed the recommend daily amount. Please note that this product cannot replace a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Suitable for vegans.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Please store at a dry and cool place and keep container tightly closed.
Aged 4 or above, lactose-free, gluten-free
Inulin, filler: rice starch coating agent: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose and gelling agent: gellan gum (capsule shell); nicotinamide, calcium D-pantothenate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid, D-biotin, methylcobalamin, 20 lactic acid bacteria cultures *
* Bifidobacterium: B. bifidum, B. breve, B. infantis, B. lactis, B. longum, Lactobacillus: L. acidophilus, L. brevis, L. casei, L. crispatus, L. fermentum, L. gasseri, L. helveticus, L. paracasei, L. plantarum, L. reuteri, L. rhamnosus, L. salivarius; Lactococcus lactis susp. lactis; Streptococcus thermophilus; Enterococcus faecium
|Niacin (NE)||3,2 mg||20%|
|Vitamin B2||0,28 mg||20%|
|Vitamin B6||0,28 mg||20%|
|Vitamin B1||0,22 mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12||0,5 µg||20%|
Nutritional supplement containing 20 bacterial cultures. Recommended intake: one capsule per day. If antibiotics are taken simultaneously, please allow 3 hours to pass before taking this product. Do not exceed the indicated daily intake amount. This product cannot replace a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Pascoe Vital GmbH; D-35383 Giessen, email@example.com, www.pascoe.de