Legapas® drops are a plant-based laxative for short-term use for constipation
Overview of the advantages of Legapas® drops:
- Support against constipation
- Plant-based laxative for short-term use
- Stimulates bowel emptying
- With a natural fluid extract of cascara bark
- A recommendation for every travel pharmacy
- Free from lactose, gluten and sugar
- Also available as tablets
- From 12 years
Sluggish bowels? Constipation? – plant-based relief from nature!
Constipation refers to when bowel movements are less often than three times per week.
- Organic diseases
- Too little liquid
- Taking certain medicines
- Lack of exercise
- Too little fibre intake
We recommend to first establish the cause and to support bowel activity according to recommendations. You should first seek to regulate your bowel activity through natural means before resorting to laxatives. Laxatives should only be taken in the short term, as these can have a negative influence on the mineral and fluid balance in the body.
The plant-based laxative Legapas® drops contain the plant extract of cascara bark, which has already been used for centuries to support sluggish digestion.
Legapas® works in 2 ways on the digestive tract:
- Increased depositing of salts and water in the intestine
- Reduced return of these substances from the intestine into the body
The effect of this:
- Volume increase of the intestinal content
- Increase in fullness pressure
- Stimulates emptying
- Stimulates intestinal muscle movement (peristalsis)
Legapas® therefore has a mild laxative effect and offers gentle help against constipation.
- Ensure a healthy diet: eat foods that are rich in vital substances and fibre. Cereals, pulses, fruit and vegetables, for example, have a high fibre content. Reduce the amount of sugar and meat in your meals.
- Plenty of exercise – even a walk helps to support digestion.
- Enough liquid – drink at least 2-3 litres per day, ideally unsweetened tea or water.
Home remedies that swell such as bran, linseed or Psyllium seeds can also stimulate the appetite, but should be taken with sufficient liquid.
The maximum daily dose of hydroxyanthracene derivatives is 30 mg.
This is equal to 50 drops of LEGAPAS®.
This results in the following dosage:
Adults and children aged 12 or over
Take 30-50 drops once a day in 1/2 a cup of hot water in the morning or in the evening.
The individually correct dosage is the lowest required to produce soft feces.
Takes effect after approx. 8-12 hours.
Do not take the laxative for longer than 1-2 weeks or at higher doses.
Aged 12 or above, lactose-free, gluten-free, sugar-free
- fördert die Darmentleerung
1.0 g (= 1 ml) contains:
Fluid extract of cascara bark 500 mg
equal to 20 mg of hydroxyanthracene glycosides, calculated as cascaroside A, extraction agent: ethanol 30% (m/m)
Contains: 23 vol % alcohol.
Active substance: Cascara bark fluid extract. Indications: For short-term use in the event of constipation. Consult a doctor if constipation lasts over 1 week. Contains 23 vol. % alcohol.
For risks and side effects read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
PASCOE pharmazeutische Präparate GmbH, D-35383 Giessen, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.pascoe.de